I find myself in a new challenge with the coming of pay day. After paying the $7,290.28 for the 2nd Reservation Fee for ESADE and another $563.45 for a year of travel health insurance from WorldMed and rent of $1,500 due tomorrow there isn’t much left in my bank account.
Another $8.81 went to lunch today and $37.82 to groceries and I’m left witha little more than $100 for the next 15 days!!
And that’s why I have decide to challenge myself to make it work. And it’s not so much of a challenge as a necessity. In a normal persons circumstances it would be easy to not spend a lot of the next two weeks, but I live in NYC, a city I’m about to leave, and I want to take full advantage of it before I move to Long Island. Not to mention the friends that I want to see before I leave the country for more than a year.
So how am I going to do it?
- First I’m going to account for every penny that I need to spend today so that I don’t find myself in a bind.
- I’m going to continue to bring lunches from home $9 – $11 dollars a day isn’t cutting it on this budget. And cook dinner.
- I’m going to keep updating my excel budget document to see how much I have left after every expense.
- No frivolous expenditures, only necessities.
- Minimal drinking (drinking sucks money)
If I stick to those rules I’m make it to the June 15th with no problem!