What a whirlwind week it has been at ESADE! If you remember my list of 27 things to accomplish while I am 27 you’ll see number 4 is “be the president of a club.” And I’ve done just that. You are reading the blog of the next ESADE Sports Business Club President. I’m so happy!
The race was tough since I was going against someone with a sports business background and I’m a career changer. But in the end it was my personality, ideas for the future and selflessness that won me the role. It was nearly tied, so it was a great race. I can’t wait to get into the role and start putting my plans into action, and in turn working toward my own goal of working for a sports company (hopefully Nike!).
I did learn a few things from this process:
- Don’t speak about the other candidate during your speech (I had a verbal diarrhea moment)
- Have confidence in my abilities and it will pay off
- I have a lot of great friends at ESADE, who know I’ll be great
- I have a few questionable friends who don’t believe in my abilities
- Some of my classmates are amazing presenters and I can learn from them
Time to get to work planning events and making those much needed sports contacts. Ta ta for now!